Nottingham Forest 77/78 allow you to rejoice in the happy, happy, joy, joy of being the ultimate underdog. The ultimate underdog, that against all odds, clinched victory in both the English 1st Division and the League Cup. Peter Shilton was an up-and-coming talent, Kenny Burns carried a troublesome reputation, and John Robertson was deemed scruffy, unfit, and uninterested. But we know different… soon, so will your opponent Mwhahah!
So slip into teamwork overdrive, engage your Viv Anderson, John McGovern and Peter Withe and deliver your Time Vault Soccer card game opponent a right good footballing humping, Brian Clough and Peter Taylor style! Mwhahaha.
Nottingham Forest 77/78 may not boast a 5-star superstar in their lineup, but they possess something far more powerful. This squad features the widest spread of 2 and 3-star cards, making them a unique force in the Time Vault Universe. As your game unfolds, you’ll witness the magic of how these players complement each other, turning the tides of the match in your favor.
When these players work in unison, they form a formidable defensive wall, exhibit swashbuckling attacking prowess, never give up until the final whistle, and boast the most potent bench in the game. For those familiar with tournament-style Time Vault Soccer or those who relish the thrill of 50/50 defensive calls or just had the pleasure of bumping into Sig Tardelli [Italy 81/82] then you know how important that bench is.
The Joy of this Nottingham Forest squad is that it never lets your opponent of the hook. Even a momentary lapse in concentration can prove costly. Peter Shilton’s uncanny positioning, Kenny Burns’ ability to adapt the defense on the fly, John Robertson’s capacity to confound opponents, and Ian Bowyer’s relentless determination until stoppage time—all these factors contribute to making this team a formidable adversary.
Simply put, Nottingham Forest 77/78 are the ultimate team and ultimate headache to play against. Oh, your opponent may solve some of the problems they pose but can they solve them all… at the same time, every game and until the very last kick? Captain McGovern, set sail for Sulk Island!
Let’s dive in
The Nottingham Forest 77/78 squad in full
- Peter Shilton (GK) – Keeper [Positional] & Right Place [Intelligence]. Avoid conceding corners.
- Chris Woods (GK) – Keeper [Positional]. Solid back up
- Colin Barrett (D/L) – [Teamwork]
- Frank Clark (D/L) – Ref’s Call! Red & Yellow card
- Larry Lloyd (D/C) – No Nonsense [Intimidation]. Cancel opponents Skill
- Kenny Burns (D/C) – Martial The Defence [Leadership]. Def bonus & reposition defenders
- Dave Needham (D/C) – [Teamwork]
- Viv Anderson (D/R) – Raiding Fullback [Tactical]. Swap Attack rating for Defend rating / Force play
- John Robertson (M/L) – Driving Attack [Creative]. Force Goalmouth Scramble
- Ian Bowyer (M/C) – Giving it All [Physical] – Resurrects in stoppage time.
- Archie Gemmill (M/C,R) – Drive Them Forward [Teamwork]. Attack bonus
- John O’Hare (M,A/C) – Ref’s Call! Yellow Card
- Martin O’Neill (M/C,R) – Vision [Intelligence]. Increase hand size, Ref’s Call! Yellow Card
- John McGovern (M/C,R) – Go With The Runner [Teamwork]. Move from Attack to Defence
- Tony Woodcock (A/C) – Electrifying Pace [Tactical]. Move opponents player
- Peter Withe (A/C) – Goal Hound [Positional]. Move to shooting position
16 new players, 10 all new game changing skills – including repositioning your own defenders, forcing goalmouth scrambles (even when not needed) and the resurrection of a players card in stoppage time.
The Nottingham Forest 77/78 squad expands existing Time Vault Soccer features and mechanisms.
The Nottingham Forest 77/78 squad works with the existing 2023 Time Vault Soccer rules and all previous card releases.
The Nottingham Forest 77/78 squad does not introduce any new keywords.
Introducing a regular artist to TVS, Omaik Neiv of Mexico who’s 1977/78 Forest squad takes on an authentic classic comic book feel. Ace work Omaik.
Buy Nottingham Forest 77/78 Here
Time Vault Soccer Boss’s Notes
Boss’s Notes are live – Prog 5 sign up Here.
- Say “No” to custard – Lick the the Transfer Centre.
- Nucleus #3 – Forest 77/78 – What you need to know.
- EGX 2023 – We went. We played
- When Saturday Comes feature
- Exclusive Boss’s offer – Save 20% code.
By signing up for your Boss’s Notes you’ll be joining an exclusive club of football rebels who receive secret insights, tips to master the game and exclusive offers. You’ll get one email every two months. It’s free, no spam. Unsubscribe whenever you want.
So continue to join us in defying the tyranny of modern football and celebrate the great, the good and downright interesting from football past by signing up for your Boss’s Notes now. It’s time to play.
Up next on the Time Vault Soccer Blog:
- 25th February 2024 Nucleus squad #4 – Reveal